Microsoft’s E3 press conference will be held on June 6, 2011 at 9:00 A.M. PST. The company doesn’t have any known new hardware on the way, so expect plenty of software talk for the 360, and especially Kinect.
I realize that’s all pretty obvious, and pretty vague, so I’ve assembled the following 30-point list of predictions for Microsoft’s show. I’ve divided them between “very likely,” “likely,” and “nigh-impossible,” but I stand behind all of them. I can hardly wait these last few days to be proven right on what I have foretold here.
- Frequent jokes at the expense of PSN downtime
- Star Wars Kinect shown
- Kinect dudebro shooter revealed
- Dance Central 2 shown, playable on show floor
- Kinect Sports 2 shown, playable on show floor
- Gears of War 3 media blowout
- Forza 4 shown, playable on show floor
- Halo CE remake announced for 360
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 shown, playable on show floor
- Conference hosted by nameless space marine, Microsoft’s E3 presenter is also company’s favourite video game mascot
- PSN downtime celebrated by another X-Box Live price hike
- More 360 SKUs on their way
- Kinect games demoed by various precocious children and awkward celebrities
- Final Fantasy XIII-2 is coming to 360! No one knows when!
- Hideo Kojima shows up to demo a new Metal Gear Solid game but gives no indication of when it will be released
- Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim shown
- Mass Effect 3 shown
- BioShock Infinite shown
- Halo 4 teaser shown
- Peter Molyneux demos new Kinect game he’s working on, touts features everyone just kind of understands won’t be in final release
- X-Box 720 hinted at
- It’s coming in 2012
- Free 720s for all in attendance
- Steve Ballmer is there, and he literally explodes
- Jallard rises from the ashes to unveil Microsoft’s newest device: a tablet/portable gaming device combo
- Rare’s newest game is a sad effort to rekindle the magic the company once held
- It’s a new Killer Instinct game!
- Gears of War 3 info empowers dudes to bro out so hard they begin a brovolution
- Bros march across the face of the Earth, leaving crushed beer cans and salty snacks wherever they go
- The dudes inherit the Earth